11th and 12th Grade Project Lead the Way (Engineering) Teacher
10th Grade English Language Arts
Special Education, ELA-focused (9th through 12th)
Mathematics (Statistics and Geometry)
What is the Urban Assembly School for Global Commerce?
The Urban Assembly School for Global Commerce (UASGC) is an innovative public Career and Technical High School that opened in September 2013.
We currently serve 270 ninth, tenth, and 11th graders and will be growing each year to accommodate a new incoming class until we reach full capacity (grades 9 through 12) in 2016-2017.
UASGC is one of the first schools in the country focused on preparing students for college and career pathways in the field of freight logistics (managing the movements of goods via plane, train, truck and ship, navigating social, political, economic, geographical and meteorological challenges along the way) and supply chain management (the process of efficiently turning raw goods into finished products in consumer’s hands and managing the shipments between).
We are partnered with the following industry organizations: The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, the NYC Economic Development Corporation, CSX Freight, AECOM, the Regional Plan Association, the Metropolitan Transportation Council, the Long Island Import Export Association and more.
We are partnered with the following Educational Partners: SUNY Maritime College, Rutgers University, SUNY Farmingdale, Arizona State University, LaGuardia Community College and New York City College of Technology.
We are partnered with the following Community-Based Organizations to provide enrichment opportunities to our students: Big Brothers and Big Sisters of NYC, The Apollo Theatre, Code Interactive, Harlem Youth Court, The Urban Assembly, STEM and Dance and more.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking teachers who are excited by taking on a challenge of building a new and innovative model for high school, educating students to become global citizens, prepared for college and career pathways in the field of global commerce. Team members go above and beyond to ensure the success of our students and our larger school community.
Ideal Team Members…
- Are unwavering in their belief that all students can learn and be successful in a college or career pathway of their own choosing, regardless of their life circumstances, demanding high expectations of all students in their classroom
- Believe that an authentic education occurs through experiences both inside and outside of the classroom, through engaging, real-world applications of knowledge and skills
- Believe the reading, writing and speaking are the fundamentals of all content-area learning
- Have a naturally “solution-seeking” nature, with demonstrated experience succeeding in the face of adversity
- Have deep knowledge of and passion for their content area and Common Core shifts occurring within that content area
- Have experience or ability to write innovative curriculum, aligned to the Global Commerce industry, for that content area
- Have strong pedagogical experience, including a significant repertoire of strategies to support struggling learners, students with disabilities and English language learners
- Are experienced and/or willing to be a student advisor, build strong and positive relationships with students, and go above and beyond to support students both inside and outside of the classroom and engage parents/guardians successfully in student improvement
Interested professionals should email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org